Did you become a new restaurant owner recently? More than likely, the health department has a list of items to be completed in your establishment. Fowler and Sons can make sure everything on your list is done correctly and brought up-to code in all facets: Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing,Electrical and Backflow.
We are your one-stop commercial service company that will save you time and money when it comes to health department inspection checklists. An example of the requests made by the health department include:
- Provide calibrated ambient air thermometers for all individual units
- Refinish floor mixer vase to meet original MFG OEM specs
- Replace produce sink pitted faucet assembly handles
- Repair leaking produce sink faucet
- Provide separate water supply line for chemical feeder system at mop pit
- Provide #9 or #7 dual check valves to ice machine water supply line
- Provide min 50 foot candles at all food prep areas
- Provide #9 or #7 dual check valves to customer drink machine water supply line
- Provide #9 or #7 dual check valve to customer ice machine water supply line
Restaurants get inspected one to four times a year, depending on their menu items and food processes.
The Wake County health department inspects the facilities listed below.
- Restaurants and Meat Markets
- Food Trucks and Pushcarts
- School Lunchrooms
- Concession Stands at Schools
- Nursing Home Kitchens
- Temporary Food Stands
- Child Day Cares
- Group Homes
- Adult Day Care
- Nursing Homes
- Bed and Breakfasts
- Summer Camps and Residential Camps
You can learn more about the health inspection process and helpful tidbits on the WakeGOV website.
Fowler and Sons Inc. | 105 Rupert Road, Ste 2 | (919) 779 – 4330
Commercial Refrigeration | Electrical | Restaurant | Heating & Air | Plumbing | Services