A Seasonal Maintenance Checklist for Preventative Maintenance
Just as your prepare your home for fresh spring weather, hot summer conditions, and harsh winter weather, your home also needs some attention to prepare for cooler autumn weather as well. The following is a list of common areas that are neglected during the fall, leading to prolonged problems in the following harsher seasons.
1. Get your HVAC inspected | You’ll be using your heating system relentlessly during the winter (they’re forecasting a much colder winter than normal this year) so you need to prepare your system for extended and proficient use.
2. Change your return filters | Heighten your efficiency and air flow throughout your home by keeping your forced air heating system filters clean.
3. Check out your roof | You’ve heard it before, but this is a simple step that is easy to overlook, but vital in keeping your home in good condition. Remember, if you aren’t taking care of your roof, it’s not going to take care of you!
4. Utilize your curtains | During the day, leave your curtains and blinds open to let your house absorb the heat. Close them at night to retain the warmth your house has accumulated.
5. Inspect the outer walls | Your home is essentially a hollow shell, which means the outer walls—including the ceiling, floors, windows, walls, doors, etc.—are your greatest protection from the outdoors. Check for leaks, cracks, foundation settlement, gaps, anything that looks as if your home’s shell might not be in its prime condition.
6. Don’t forget your plumbing | We’ve all heard horror stories about frozen pipes bursting in the winter—don’t think this can’t be you! Take the extra care of hiring someone to check your pipes professionally to save you a big headache in the long run.
7. Consider weather stripping | Depending on your location, you may consider installing weather stripping around doors to keep out drafts, caulking around windows, adding storm windows, or perhaps even window films where applicable. Seal up your house for a cozy winter!
8. Seal your cracks | Cold weather moisture will seep into vulnerable areas such as cracked foundations or cracked driveways. Sealing up these areas proactively will prevent larger splits during and after harsh weather.
Fowler and Sons Has Your Back
Whether a home or business, every building needs checkups and maintenance to prepare for expected as well as severe weather conditions. Fowler and Sons, with the expertise of 30+ years of working experience, provides many of these services primarily to commercial businesses. We greatly believe in preventative maintenance, which is most appropriately done during these mild months (spring and autumn) between extreme seasons (summer and winter). Call us today for a quote on installation, upgrades, maintenance, and more.
Fowler and Sons Inc. | 105 Rupert Road, Ste 2 | (919) 779 – 4330
Commercial Refrigeration | Electrical | Restaurant | Heating & Air | Plumbing | Services