Opening a Restaurant is Easy! Right?
We’ve all been out on a Friday night to enjoy a relaxing dinner, letting someone else cook and clean up after us. It seems like a well-oiled machine, and sometimes the experience is so good that we wonder how hard it could actually be to open and maintain a functional restaurant. The answer to that is…you really don’t want to think about it unless you have a substantial supply of migraine medicine on hand. Since you’re dealing with food and people and the general public, the number of regulations, rules, inspections, and precautionary measures that must be considered and strictly enforced is dizzying.
- Here’s a pretty comprehensive list of dates and vendors that must be considered before opening a restaurant (view here). That’s a huge list of tasks that need to be tackled. But really, that’s just the beginning.
- What about the supplies you need for storage and food preparation? You can see that list right here.
- Of course we don’t want just anyone handling our food. If we don’t prepare it ourselves, it would be very difficult to trust someone else to properly handle it if there weren’t regulations in place. You can see those over here.
As you can see, there is an overhaul of processes required to successfully open and maintain a restaurant, and this is just a glimpse. This is where Fowler and Sons come in! Not only do we offer several services necessary to opening your business (refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, backflow, maintenance, HVAC), but we also provide this one really helpful, crucial service: health department punch list inspections. Before your restaurant is inspected, let us look it over to determine what might be missing from the punch list. Some examples of the requests made by the health department include:
- Provide calibrated ambient air thermometers for all individual units
- Refinish floor mixer vase to meet original MFG OEM specs
- Replace produce sink pitted faucet assembly handles
- Repair leaking produce sink faucet
- Provide separate water supply line for chemical feeder system at mop pit
- Provide #9 or #7 dual check valves to ice machine water supply line
- Provide min 50 foot candles at all food prep areas
- Provide #9 or #7 dual check valves to customer drink machine water supply line
- Provide #9 or #7 dual check valve to customer ice machine water supply line
One Company Does It All
Fowler and Sons is one of the only commercial service companies in the Raleigh area that can handle every aspect of health department inspection upgrades. We also handle installation, maintenance, and repairs of several necessary services including refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, and more. Fowler and Sons will come to your location equipped with all of the necessary materials and tools to complete the job in a timely manner. We have professionally serviced:
- Food trucks
- Grocery stores
- Convenience stores
- Quick service restaurants
There’s no need to call several technicians or specialized companies to handle each task. Just call one company – Fowler and Sons.
Get started today! Contact us online or call 919 – 779 – 4330
Fowler and Sons Inc. | 105 Rupert Road, Ste 2 | (919) 779 – 4330
Commercial Refrigeration | Electrical | Restaurant | Heating & Air | Plumbing | Services